New breath controller

AirMotion is a new breath controller from Papritech that is offered at a very affordable price.

Does anyone have any information about this product?

Maybe @LoFiLeiF can tell us more? :wink:

5 Likes

Looks like its a breath and motion controller, wonder if it is MPE or not. I saw this one supposedly will have MPE: Photon mouthpiece

3 Likes

Hi @Herold
I had not seen this until now At a quick glance it sort of ticks a lot of boxes, but when I checked the videos these guys have out I got a bit more hesitant. First; No bite sensor - it is not a biggie for most of us , but when I think of how I actually use the TEControl BBC2, I use the bite WAY more than the gyro (tilt, Nod) functions. Secondly, For it to be wireless in any interesting way (for me), I want a rechargeable unit in itself. The BBC2 and the WIDI Uhost + a power bank isn’t much less wireless than just a power bank (for which you have this annoying cable - the thing I REALLY want to get rid of). And third, although it looked sturdy, and that is of course a good thing, I am not sure about the (harmonica) neck holder. But this is all from a guy that is VERY set in his ways.:relaxed:
That price however should look good to anyone interested, that have not bought anything yet and is sure that the bite sensor isn’t important.

@Bolt The Photon on the other hand, I have had my eye on for the longest time. This really seems like something of an evolution of the basic product. Hopefully if won’t ruin me, because I will probably get it as soon as it hits the market. :grinning:

1 Like

Why do most of them have what looks to be the cheapest possible cable :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

1 Like

@LoFiLeiF @Bolt Thanks for the info, although I’m tempted to use a breath controller which offers more simultaneous functions than 2 feet on pedals, I’m not ready for that yet, both in terms of budget and time availability. Someday will come…

2 Likes

I know! I thought so too. Those tiny cables look like they will break instantly. But I must say, I have two TEControl units and I haven’t had any issues with either. And it is probably not from lack of being used. But they definitely don’t look the part! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I just looked and there’s a wireless version rechargeable. However, they wanted more than 200 dollars to post Greece!!!

Update!! Just ordered the plus version, wireless and rechargeable!! Postage a sensible amount…

2 Likes

Great! You get to be the test pilot here. Let us all know how it works once you get it? :handshake: :face_with_monocle: :+1:

1 Like

Will do, though I’m a novice with midi settings !

1 Like

I’ll be around to help out with what I can! Just let me know when and if you need help! :+1:

1 Like

Brilliant! Love your generosity of spirit!

1 Like

I was looking at it. Basically it connect via Bluetooth to a smart phone and the phone connect to the computer. Also I didnt know if it had pitch bend capabilities. That time I wasn’t introduced to MG2

1 Like

The AirMotion Lite seems like an inexpensive Breath Controller, even if it has no bite control.

https://www.papritech.com/products/OITFkT9riJ5kDpa/

Any review yet?

1 Like

If I could make the damn thing work, I would review it…. I am not the best with midi but I’m currently in Greece and would prefer to speak to the Air Motion guys when I’m back….first impressions are poor quality manufacture, no proper manual…I bought the pro version, rechargeable…someone else could probably make it work…

2 Likes

thanks for Sharing. Any other details are greatly appreciated. Thanks again.