Please help, all I can hear is my guitar

I have downloaded the trial version of the standalone app, but all I hear is the sound of my guitar. The test piano sound plays when I click on the virtual keyboard, but there seems to be no midi output coming from the guitar.

I am running a Macbook Pro running OS 10.14.4 with Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 audio interface. The interface is showing up in the MIDI Guitar GUI. Please can you advise.

Most likely reason: on Mojave you need to give microphone acces to any app that listens to an audio interface.

You need to give microphone access to our app, that is new in Mojave. For apple, any audiointerface also is a microphone.
When first started, macos asks whether our app should get microphone access.
Afterward you can set the access with apple’s system preferences/security & privacy/ tab: privacy
Choose “Microphone” from left column, make sure our app is checked in right column.

Thanks, Paul, that was indeed the reason and it is working now. I am actually more interested in running the plug-in version in Ableton Live than the standalone app. Would you mind sending me a link so that I can evaluate the plug-in? Thanks.

I have send you a private message here with link.