Possible to run 2 or more instances of Midi Guitar / Bass

Especially for VST / DAW where each instance do something different ?

yes, you can run multiple instances at the same time. But it is generally ionly usefull, when you feed different strings to different instances.
A stick player might use MB on one track and MG on another for the 2 string sections, or if you play doubleneck tapguitar, you can use 2 MG’s.
The normal way to get more sound from a normal guitar, is to load multiple synths on multiple DAW tracks, and let htem play along with 1 single MG instance.

Did you find though? That if you want to play in a different part on the VST, you have to change the MIDI channels away from MIDI Guitar2 on the previous VST in order for the new VST Midi Guitar 2 to record?

yes, ofcourse you can use “channel select” inside each MG plugin to adress different instruments on different tracks.
Most daw have a simple midi channel chooser on their instrument tracks: only logic is complicated.

Using trial, no vst.

I’m tying a setup for my 9-string Ibanez RG 9. (no djent… just finger style).

My current setup using pedals is to split input to 2 output, using a JHS 1-2 splitter. Each path is then process for bass and guitar sound separately - the guitar signal has a deep bass cut, before it’s driven by Roland SY 300 / some EHXs … then both signal is mixed back using a small pedal size mixer.

Trying to do something like that using DAW based setup.

Paul, am I interpreting your previous response correctly:
’
yes, you can run multiple instances at the same time. But it is generally ionly usefull, when you feed different strings to different instances.
’
Can I assign the 6th string of my guitar to Midi Bass, and the other 5 to Midi Guitar, so that I can play a bass line on the 6th string and a melody on the other 5 strings at the same time? I’m a potential customer and brand new to the forum, so I’d really appreciate any guidance on how to accomplish this, if it is possible.

Thanks much, Will

you can only do that if you have a separate pickup for the the 6th string, and another for the other five strings.

Oh, right. So I’d need a pickup with just the 6th string pole working, and another pickup with the 6th string pole not working, basically. And both pickups on a separate audio channel (two guitar cords). Makes sense. Thanks for your quick and expert response, Paul.

1 Like

Hello friends.
Can I run 2 MIDIguitar2 at the same time?
I would like a setup like this:
_ SD-50 audio interface has 2 input ports and 2 output ports.
_I have a Loopbe 30 as a midi cable
MG 1 : In 1 midiout : loopbe 1
Next I run
MG 2 : In 2 midiout : loopbe2
Is this wish possible? Please guide me.
Thank you.

when i use multiple instances of mg2 i do so inside ableton. i have a hex pickup guitar and i have six copies of mg2 running, one per string.

using any daw will make routing easier i believe.

i don’t know what is possible with two copies running in standalone mode.

what you’d like may be possible without a daw.

can you provide more information: which vst instruments do you want to control, are you intending to split them across the fretboard? and what is it that you cannot do with a single instance only?

also which os are you running?