Jam Origin

>> MIDI Guitar & MIDI Bass user forum

Problem with Audiokit Pro's Digital D1(AU) synth


#1

Today I bought Digital D1 synth(AU) by Audiokit Pro. MG shuts down itself when I select it as an instrument. Did anybody try this synth with MG? I’m too hopeless buying this great sounding synth. I have no problem with similar app like Sunrizer or other AU instruments. So I will also write to Audiokit Pro. For information I have a 6th Gen Ipad with up to date IOS version and I tested it today so many times first with a Scarlet Solo and then a Audient ID4. The result is same for both Audio Interface. Please help.


#2

the D1 AU is very fresh: I havent tried it myself yet. Since indeed all other AU synths work sofar in MG, it is likely a bug with D1 itself. I’ll look into it.


#3

tested on ipad 2018, ipados beta 13
I updated to the latest D1 version: I started D1 as standalone first, like they recommend, to preserve presets, and closed it again.
Then I started MG, did a plugin rescan: Set window aspect: 3:2. window size big/overlay
Hiding the D1 onscreen keyboard (small keyboard icon on top) will show the complete page then.

EDIT: 12 hours later MG crashes on the same AUv3.
D1 auv3 is not ready yet…


#4

FWIW, Digital D1 as an AUv3 crashes all host apps on my iPad Pro 10.5. I’ve been meaning to make a bug report on it. Great synth but still unstable.


#5

Thank you Paul. I was a little confused. My iPad’s OS version is 12.3.1. I thought it might be the issue. I followed your procedure. I even tried changing the buffer size setting of D1 to 256 (as well as selecting low CPU usage mode). But nothing worked. Though I can play the stand alone synth through MG MIDI export option. Now, after reading your next reply I understood that the D1 AUV3 is problematic. I will definitely write them for the same.


#6

Thanks for the information Vaultnaemsae. I will write to them soon. I think this issue will get more importance if you also report the same.