Roadmap - MIDI Guitar 3 free upgrade and new plugins!

After some years where I’ve been flying low in stealth-mode, I’m finally happy to share a little bit of information on upcoming products/plugins.

I do not want to spoil too much at this moment but of make sure you are subscribed to the mailing list for notifications.

https://www.jamorigin.com/roadmap

15 Likes

That is awesome! Can hardly wait! I am looking for to designing my own effects in particular. I own guitar, bass, and iOS versions. Will all get the upgrade? Or I am I asking for too many details?

yeah!
i want it now :laughing:
lofileifs videos on mg3 look very promising.
cant wait to get my hands on it!

thanks for your work and for keeping us updated!

1 Like

Hi, I just started with MG2 demo version and have a few requests for the update.

First, I’m amazed by this technology! I have a standard strat that now sounds and plays like a french horn! I love it.

But I’m primarily and violin and mandolin player and am trying to use the demo with them. The e-mandolin is a 5 string single string tuned c-g-d-a-e. The preset with 5th’s tuning gets close but has an extra f string that I fear is causing problems. The e-mando just doesn’t track anywhere near as well as the strat. I would have thought that the increased tension and short scale length would make it easier to track?

Anyway, in the MG3 version is it possible to have a 5 string preset for e-mandolin and 5 string electric violin? Also, on the mandolin and violin the tracking stops at the d on 10th fret on the e string (d) which is typically the high on a guitar in terms of frequency. In the preset for 5 string instruments can the range be extended to include the octave above that high d on the guitar?
Would also be great to have 4 string presets for standard e-mando and e-violins.

Thanks so much for creating this amazing software! I feel it’s going to expand my musical horizons and make recording parts for various instruments so much more fun. I’m not a great keyboardist so having the midi capability on strings is just awesome!

I’ll pull the trigger on the current version soon.

This is great news. Is there any word on MidiBass for iOS?

Hi!

Can you reveal what would be the lowest note recognised by Midi 3?

Best Regards,
Lukasz

Polyphonic midi bass. :heart_eyes:
I want it now. :grin:

Hi! Looking forward to the next mg3 realease !
Will there be a midi guitar minimal for windows pc ? I’d be glad to have that as it seems to cover my main use case with midi guitar…
Thx

Its great that 2.2.1 works so well because I’ll still be reading about 3 is coming soon next June.

For my experience, that totally depends on the virtual instrument you are emulating. I use East West Orchestra Opus, and have no issue recording the lowest bass notes.

If you also download MG Bass, it is going to give you potential to record low E, or any drop down tuning.

Furthermore, when it comes to midi, the note is irrelevant. You can record any note, in any scale, and just move it wherever you want.

I am excited to see improvements are on the way.
Hopefully, you can add a filter to your software, that allows users to dial in a particular instrument or ensemble, to prevent ghost notes, latency, quantizing, and other issues that plague most of us.

Still, after 2 plus years, no AAX functionality. Even with virtual midi output, MG2 does not work in Pro Tools Ultimate.

Could you please include: in depth video tutorials on DAW and live setups, software friendly playing styles, etc., so users can get the best results from your products?

Dear MG2 Staff:
Regarding the MG2 Demo videos:

There are hundreds of fake virtuoso videos on Youtube, that are recorded, aligned, edited, and played back to appear like they were being played in real time.

After years of struggling to play a single song with MG2, and not be plagued with ghost notes, tracking and quantizing issues, and messed up midi recordings; it would be appreciated if your people showing demos could give us a step-by-step rundown of EXACTLY what gear they are using, what DAW or live software, and how they are achieving near perfection, using MG2.

Example:
I have no idea what the guy wearing headphones on his MG2 demo is using to play lightening fast, with absolutely zero latency, ghost notes, or other issues the rest of us are plagued with, so I am calling bullshit on some of these demos.

Sure, the guys playing sax, and other single note instruments are real. It is clear, they are actually playing.

However, I could be wrong, but the guy playing Transylvania orchestra-esque, super fast finger style, does not appear real to me. He is also playing along to a track.

I have tried to mimic his playing style and song, with disastrous results. MG2 fell off a cliff, which leaves me to question the authenticity of this particular demo on your website.

Hell, I just barely touch multiple strings, and MG2 goes nuts with ghost notes. I have to mute every note and chord. This guy is playing open finger style, and everything is Chrystal clear???

If it is real, I apologize for not being convinced.

Could you please show a follow up video of this guy setting up his gear, and showing us all exactly what gear he is using, his computer and DAW setup, how he is playing his finger style, and what he does to achieve this perfect MG2 example!

I am sure we all would be thrilled to see how this is done!

Perhaps MG2 responds better in live situations, than in DAW recordings?

I have tried multiple guitars, computers, interfaces, and DAWs, and absolutely nothing allows me to achieve what was done in this virtuoso demo.

As much as I want MG2 to be a primary method of recording midi, it is still in the novelty category, until the bugs are worked out.

No doubt, it is a great concept, and I enjoy using it. I just would like to see more user control, better ghost note filters, and more functionality, including AAX compatibility.

Best,
Wrek

1 Like

Yes, it is true - I can transpose to lower notes, but I use 8 string guitar and I want to be able to play all notes live.

Just found this. Great news! Thank you so much for such awesome products!

Polyphony for bass is awesome. Will the low B string also be considerred for this version?

Thanks.

Do we have a Candidate Release date for MG3?

Thanks!

Yes, really soon, whatever that means. 2022 would be my guess, but I could be wrong. :wink:

1 Like

Hi nice folks at jam origin. As a long time user of version 2 i was really excited to hear about version 3. But… what is the progress? Are there issues why we have to wait so long?

Its progressing well enough. I can’t give an ETA yet though.

Of course polyphonic tracking and instrument-to-instrument translation, with negligible latency while preserving all sorts of articulation are not exactly easy problems, or even well defined problems. And finding solutions is even more difficult :slight_smile: That’s why MG v2 is still unique.

Solving hard problems always take more time than initially expected. Impossible problems takes a little longer than that :wink:

6 Likes

I understand and will be patient…thanks for replying and i wish you succes solving all the problems.
Hope to hear soon!

best wishes on your quest !