Slide for MIDI Guitar. Could that really work?

Slide for MIDI Guitar? Could that really work? Yes, it WILL, once we get to use MPE!

2 Likes

Exciting! Great video as usual, I hope their might be some sort of toggle between normal guitar/bass and a fretless guitar/bass mode of some sort for fun pitch bending (and just the ability to play quarter tones etc in the toggle) in MG3! Guess we will see! It does seem like it would be easy enough to combine something like that with scale locking (such as in ROLI Studio Player or Scaler 2) on the opposite extreme! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I think you are going to be able to switch between MPE and standard MIDI mode with the press a button. But that wouldn’t reset pitch bend range necessarily. What you are asking for is perhaps best achieved by using two presets with the instruments PB settings set to whatever you feel like. But no quarter notes yet, that I know of. For those I’d use Entonal Studio as a plugin or ODDSOUNDS MTS-ESP.

1 Like

Entonal Studio looks great, thank you I’ll have to check it out!

1 Like

Mouth watering preview !

Wishful thinking: a demo of MG2/3 with a sound(s) from Asia.

thanks, Bill

1 Like

So ,what sounds are you thinking of in particular there, Bill? Is is some library, or perhaps some type of instrument you are especially interested in seeing in this “to come” environment? The thing that really makes a great difference for how instruments will handle for MIDI guitar in the future is obviously the MPE implementation, or at least that the instrument developers lets us change things like pitch bend. A Pitch Bend range = 12 is the bare minimum for stuff to work with slide like in this clip. But of course there are other parameters involved as well. So, please, tell me what you are looking for, and I’ll see what I got. :grinning:

Ooooh. Love it, cant’t wait.

1 Like