Sonar X1 and creating midi track with MG2

I just downloaded the trial version of Midi Guitar 2 and I scanned all my plugins from Sonar using the standalone version of MG2 32 bit. When I looked for it in Sonar within my FX bin I only saw it under “Audio FX” not "Soft Synths " so I loaded it and was able to load a soft synth and get sounds. But I need to create a midi track so I can do editing on it and try different synth patches. I watched a tutorial video on your website and the fellow shows how to “Enable Midi Output” by clicking on the VST2 drop down menu at the top of MG2 but I don’t have that option because it’s not there and I guess it’s because I don’t have MG2 loaded as a “Soft Synth” only under “Audio FX”. I see you have instructions for older versions of Sonar that suggest going into Regedit and changing the Events key to 1 from 0. Now if that’s what I’m supposed to do, should I do it for the 32 bit and 64 bit as well because I installed both versions ? Also I’m running Windows 7 64 bit and my Sonar X1 Producer is 64 bit. Also I see at the top of MG2 under Interface Menu it says Host: Bitbridge.Exe not Sonar…why is that ? Thanks for your help in advance.