Testing the NEW Reason Studios BV-X Vocoder & MIDI Guitar 2.2.1 together

Ok, so using a vocoder would traditionally mean you use your voice together with a synth for some different effects. Harmonizing and talkbox and whatnot. And of course, you can and should use Reason’s new BV-X Multimode Vocoder for all of that, and there are already a lot of really good videos on that. But I want to test it instead as a multi-effect for my MIDI Guitar 2 setup. The BV-X is actually free to try right now for Reason Studio users if you are interested!

1 Like

Another interesting experiment.
I particularly liked the carnivocoder preset and what you do with it, there (and in the rest of course) is a lot of ground to explore. :yum:

1 Like

Thanks @Herold! :pray:It is indeed a lot to explore. This was very much right out of the box (obviously). But this is interesting fo a few reasons: you actually don’t need MIDI for this, some of the presets are best with the autoplay function and just choosing scale notes, but for us MIDI guitarists we don’t have to rely on a keyboard to do the other stuff as well. Plus, wanna sing and use the guitar to create the harmonization? With bends and all? That will also work! :+1:

1 Like