Too expensive!

Using Reaper as an example is a little unfair. Their price is irrationally low for what they offers. The OP’s reasoning is skewed because of this fact. Are you also actively complaining on Cubase and Protools forums for their pricing as well? How about other plug-in developpers’ forums? The same reasoning would apply all over the place.

This is a very trolly post. If you already found an adequate solution at a price that seems fair to you then why bother even writing here?

2 Likes

this is because there is competition. there are dozens of software amp solutions.

however, there is no competition for the experience mg2 provides. the only one that comes close is the fishman and that’s $200 (the ‘usb connect’).

plus mg2 will work with all of your guitars. no pickup installation required.

you could certainly cobble together a kludge using reason. you’d be out $400 before you played the first note, though. (cheapest way: boss gp-10 and a gk pickup)

it’s not rational to expect a company delivering a quality product without any competition to drop the price. it doesn’t matter how many guitarists you poll. there is no competition. the other solutions are 1) more expensive and 2) inferior.

1 Like

The initial cost was difficult for me as it is for other commenters, but there’s another “policy” I don’t understand either: upgrades wouldn’t be prohibitive $25-30 and offset everybody’s initial “price of admission” OR add to the spoils Jamo deserves for the better product. I don’t blame anyone non-rich for being frustrated, at least before beholding the glory that is the whole world playing whatever you play on your guitar.

Think about this: if you or me have more time than money, it’s worth asking a dev if there’s anything in the way of rebates, sales date, some installments. Think of stuff. I used to do that but family history of heart disease has benefits not as good as before.
Any dev would want to hear good ideas, why not? I mean if we had a decent AI conjurer and asked it "what is the policy to give the dev the most possible (probably money), and get the consumer the most possible?

A person with more time than money is not necessarily a liability if you play your hand right.

1 Like

I’m late on this one but wanted to reply anyway, I’ve been playing guitar for twenty years and after the breakup of a few bands recently (musicians are nuts). I started looking for a way to create a fuller sound just on my own. Is the app too expensive??? Maybe, but after two years of looking all over for guitar to midi conversions I can say that relatively it really isn’t, the midi pickups I saw were over 200 dollars and if I remember correctly the wireless one was nearly 500 dollars, and that’s without factoring in daws and foot switches. I don’t want to sound like a jerk but playing an instrument and trying something different is an investment, artistically, who cares about the cost. I am by no means well off, but 150 dollars to make your guitar sound like a string section??? Too expensive??? Come on man, if you ask me it’s a steal, I’m no expert but I have tried countless effects pedals (some of which cost twice as much as midi guitar 2) and none of them come close to what this app can do. Again, not trying to sound like a jerk, but you sound like one of those old school guys who doesn’t want to change with the times, artists have to grow and evolve, and with that comes a cost. Anyway, wanted to throw my opinion in the hat there buddy.

3 Likes

Yes, it is the price of a pickup from a boutique brand.

1 Like

It’s not really expensive if you are serious about music. I have fisherman Tripleplay guitar which is ok but I prefer using MG2 now, plus the upgrade to MG3 whenever it comes out will be free. Not many developers do that for major upgrades .

2 Likes