Totally pleased with the new Presonus Studio 24C for my live laptop

I’m totally pleased with the new Presonus Studio 24C for my live laptop.
It does everything it should do. The Tascam 2x2 did NOT.
Anyone need a Tascam 2x2 cheap?

Studio One was ok to set up and seems to work fine.
I haven’t had time to try out all the features.
Maybe a couple of years?

2 Likes

To bad Tascam has not done much with their interfaces. I have owned many products made by them starting with a 4 track porta studio 1/2” Reel to Reel, a mixer etc. I also use my DR40 a lot it’s one of my favourite gizmos.
I bought a US 1642 in I think 2008 and they last updated the driver in 2014. That seems to be the last year that they did any work on their drivers.
The unit still works great and since that last driver update never gives me issues. It’s not my main interface.

Prior to 2014 the driver was terrible so I bought a Scarlett 6i6 which has been very good. I was surprised when they updated the driver! I ended up with 2 good interfaces.

Last year I figured I better buy something new as both of them are now pushing over a decade of use. I ended up with a Motu M4 but the Tascam 4x4 was high on my list. I ruled it out because there seemed a lot of complaints about the driver which didn’t surprise me. In 2014 they where apparently writing their own drivers but I guess they have returned to their old bad habits of adapting generic drivers.

1 Like

Exactly. I parted ways with my US-16x08 and bought a new PreSonus 1810c. Very happy with it. The only thing missing is a multi-client ASIO driver. I compensate for that by using an 1/8" stereo to 1/4" mono Y cable and route the high quality headphone output of my Windows DAW laptop into Line Ins 5 & 6 on the 1810c.