Using Chordie App w MG2 to display chord info

Isn’t there an instrument in Kontakt that triggers internally generated notes, as in my video example?

I only tested it with a Native Instruments guitar. I agree that it would be best to capture the NI-generated MIDI. Just don’t know how to make that work.

BTW. Here’s the post from the Native Intruments forum that suggests that this MIDI capture is not always possible.

If you want to record the notes generated by “Electric Sunburst” go to “Options” and change the engine MIDI send parameter. Add “script generated notes” as you can see here:

Now you can record the MIDI output on a new track in your DAW. Select “Kontakt 7 - Event Output” as the connected input. When you play back the recorded notes with e.g. a piano it is the pattern of the NI guitar.

Exactly, that’s what I tried to explain in my previous video, and it works fine as the sequence of notes displayed is generated by Kontakt and not by an external arpegiator. :wink:

Thanks for this info.

I’ll retest. Perhaps I misunderstood the required configuration :slight_smile:

What was your test environment?

I tested on Windows 11, using the MB2 plugin, Kontakt 7’s Electric Sunburst deluxe, hosted by Bitwig Studio 5.1.9.

I also use Win 11, Cubase 13 Pro and Kontakt 7 Electric Sunburst Deluxe. MG2 or 3 are not required for this test. However, I have found that the accuracy of the recorded notes varies depending on the picking or strumming pattern and does not always match the NI sound. Probably the Session Guitar series is not a good example of extracting MIDI notes. May I ask what the purpose of this “exercise” is to extract MIDI notes from such a VST?

My wife plays and arranges for guitar. She wants to save NI-generated MIDI patterns, edit them, then import them into Guitar Pro.

OK guys. Thanks for bearing with me on this.

I found the problem in my original test setup. I needed to forward-link the instrument source track to the destination track.

When I played the resulting MIDI, it was in the rhythm of the NI-generated source but it lacked most of the pitch content.

Using MB to convert the audio output of the Kontact guitar produced a more accurate and complete result.