Version 2.2.1 won't work in standalone 64-bit mode

I’m running version 2.2.1 on Windows 10, 64 bit system.
Unfortunately, nothing happens when I’m trying to run the standalone 64-bit software.
It does work fine in other modes (both standalone 32-bit mode and as a plugin in Cubase 10).
Any suggestions?
Many thanks,

Same to me. Ever since installation (2017). I’ve tried uninstalling and reinstall (with clearing all jamorigin registry keys manually after uninstall) - result stays the same. Sometimes I’d like to use the standalone just for testing new VSTs without loading a full DAW. I do not use 32bit VSTs anymore since my DAW doesn’t support them. It would be a pitty not beeing able to use this fantastic software full featured as it is delivered. Greets…:grin::wave:

I’ve been running 64-bit standalone v2.2.1 MG and v1.2.1 MB for some time without issue (Win10 1909 Home 64-bit). I run them from desktop shortcuts. Using the MG shortcut properties as an example:

Target: “C:\Program Files\Jam Origin\MIDI Guitar\MIDIGuitar2-64bit.exe”

Start in: “C:\Program Files\Jam Origin\MIDI Guitar”

NOT set to Run as Administrator.

So…they work fine standalone.

@animutsar What do you mean by “nothing happens”? No audio? Or no nada (UI, etc).

@Framade Similar question to you. More info please.

Neither the click on the fresh installed Icon in the program menu nor the attemt to start the standalone application from explorer induces any response.
Some mousecursor changes appear for about a second - thats all.
Like mentioned by animutsar: “…noithing happens…”
I’ve thought that this has to be a machine problem (what has caused me to delete registry entries from ma system).
So now doubt to having run this on other systems. But mine refuses to start the application.
I asked because I hoped for some existing knowledge about this (or for a possible commandline to create a logfile etc.)


Sorry for the typing errors…

it is a more rare problem, for which we found no exact cause.
This situation seems triggered by some ASIO drivers.
Several users reported that opening the 32 bit standalone, choosing the interface there, the closing the app and then starting the 64 bit standalone, fixed the issue… (We really don’t know why)

Just for Information: I’m using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 with the only ASIO-driver provided by Focusrite.
And: No, opening the 32bit version, adjusting things there and then opening the 64bit version doesn’t work. I’ve tried this several times.
Where are these configuration values stored? I didn’t find them in the registry.

MG stores its values in a settings file, not in the registry.
The settings file is to be found in the data folder. That is easiest to fin via the 32 bit standalone: click on preferences, then choose MIDI GUITAR DATA FOLDER.
Deleting MIDI Guitar.settings should give your 64 and 32 app a clean start.

Thanks for the Info. I had a look into the directory and found a logfile.
At least for your infomation I leave the last Messages from the last 64bit start:
MIDI Guitar 2.2.1 - Standalone 64-bit
Log started: 26 Dec 2019 10:32:24pm

Log file: C:\Users\Martin.DESKTOP-MRDS1NO\AppData\Roaming\JamOrigin\MIDI Guitar Log Standalone.txt
Settings file: C:\Users\Martin.DESKTOP-MRDS1NO\AppData\Roaming\JamOrigin\MIDI Guitar.settings
Saving settings (fallback)
Creating Offbeat Engine
Initializing platform
Platform initialized
Initializing audio formats
Initializing plugin formats
OffbeatEngine is ready
User Directory: C:\Users\Martin.DESKTOP-MRDS1NO\AppData\Roaming\JamOrigin
Setup Offbeat Engine
initializing audio manager
3: DllUnregisterServer + 0x10f95
4: UnhandledExceptionFilter + 0x1ea
5: memset + 0x1b32
6: _C_specific_handler + 0x96
7: _chkstk + 0x11f
8: RtlRaiseException + 0x399
9: KiUserExceptionDispatcher + 0x2e
25: BaseThreadInitThunk + 0x14
26: RtlUserThreadStart + 0x21

No audio system

So far the messages.

Deleting the settings file just causes building another new one and new same lines in the logfile.


ok thanks!.. We’ll look at it here.
Make sure your win system doesn’t use this interface. Multiclient (in)capablities are historic a common reason for problems.

Following Steps worked out good:
Downloading the ASIO4All driver and installing it.
Starting the 32bit version and choosing this driver in the interface section of the program
Closing the 32bit version
Opening the 64bit version (wich has opend then with ASIO4All)
Choosing the originally wanted driver in the interface section

Even a restart of the 64bit version with the focusrite ASIO driver configuered then was successful.

Lots of lots of thanks for your help.
Maybe this helps others too.


1 Like

ok! I was unsure about whether ASIO4ALL would help, so I deleted the recommendation.
But this indeed is a good outcome: ASIO4ALL invoked via the 32 bit version can untie the knot…
We’ll have to figure here where this deadlock is created in the first place…