Just bought MidiGtr2 about 2 days ago and I absolutely love it. I noticed a strange problem though, and not sure yet if it is caused by my DAW or by the plugin itself. (OR… if I am not overlooking something…)
- Created a patch named JF_TEST02 in my DAW. This patch loads within itself one VSTi (Rapture), one VST effects (Guitar Rig 5) and a VST Solid bus compressor from NI.
- Saved the patch in Midi Guitar itself.
- Also saved the preset in the daw’s VST PLUGIN container’s management bar.
- Saved the DAW’s session… (of course)
At that point, I noticed that I could also see the name of the patch used in Guitar Rig 5.
Upon re-opening the session:
- MidiGuitar seems to reload all the settings in all of its components correctly AFAIK (so far)…
- Midi Guitar’s PATCH NAME reverts back to DEFAULT (problem)
- the loaded VSTs loaded within Midi Guitar are not showing their patch names anymore (problem)
Since there is no preset “picker” when hitting again the save patch button in MidiGuitar, we cannot simply select the desired patch name to re-update it. We need to remember the patch’s exact original name and re-type it.
These hiccups are NOT show stoppers of course, but are impacting workflow in an important way I think, unless I am not getting something obvious here. (like a limitation in the VST protocol not supporting patch names in a “nested” VST plugin within a “parent” VST plugin…
Anybody else here noticed this? Is there a workaround? Bugfix in the roadmap?
Cakewalk by Bandlab (2020.11)