VST3 versions of Midi Guitar2 and Midi Bass

Hi

Just wondering if there are any plans to develop VST3 versions of MG2/3 and MB?

Thanks

2 Likes

Hi Barry & JamOrigin team!

I just was about to post the same question.
As Steinberg dropped VST development years ago and Cubase will not support VST2 in future versions this is an important topic.

Is JamOrigin still developing? I haven’t heard anything new in ages.
And that this question hasn’t been answered in over 2 month … doesn’t look very promising …

Thanks,
Andi

1 Like

I’m a Cubase 12 user and I’m also anticipated that if MIDI Guitar 3 won’t be released in the form of VST3 there is no chance I’m buying this plugin in the future. Currently I’m downloading the demo version tho…

I hope the team can let us know that it’s in the development or at least give us a heads up it’s not…

This needs a bump up, a Vst3 version is desperately needed!

Sure, MG3 will of course come in VST3 format.

I’m aware of the controversy with Steinberg and VST2, but pardon my ignorance - are there any existing DAWs that don’t support VST2 anymore?

DAWs like Cubase and Cakewalk don’t surface most VST2 plug-ins if a VST3 version is installed. The scanner just skips the VST2 version.
But if no VST3 version is installed, VST2 still operate…

I might have found a workaround to not worry about the plugin formats anymore. There is a plugin that loads almost any type of 3rd party plugins into it, which is called Blue Cat’s PatchWork by Blue Cat Audio. https://www.bluecataudio.com/Products/Product_PatchWork/

I don’t have this plugin but in theory this plugin can load MG2 on an apple silicon mac and it runs without no issues because Blue Cat’s PatchWork is fully apple silicon compatible and can load AU format + MG2 has AU plugin version.

If anyone has tested it on an apple silicon, please do let us know so that we Cubase 12 apple silicon users don’t really have to wait for MG2 VST3 format!

So it needs to recreate/redo all projects and templates with the VST3 versions ? :frowning_face:
I’m glad I dropped Cubase for Reaper which takes all formats (32 bit and 64bit, vst, vst2, vst3, au, aax, dx, lv).

Steinberg (the owner of ALL VST licensing) has made VST2 an obsolete format. Therefore, it is no longer supported at its “root” ownership. It did that because the newest features have all gone to VST3 for the past 10 years or so.

Because Steinberg wants their products (even VSTs) to be on the cutting edge, they actively forced out VST2, to make developers roll over to a standard of features which Steinberg wants end-users to have access to.

1 Like