Welcome to the MIDI Guitar / MIDI Bass community forum

I get you. I was thinking of a sort of midi gate which wouldn’t allow a note ahead of the beat to come in. I’m thinking about live performances here rather than recordings which, as you say, could easily be quantised. Maybe I wasn’t clear on that… :slight_smile:

Ok, sorry for that, English is not my native language !
I use mostly MG in live performance and when I play in rhythm, I never have problem with the time shift of the midi notes, but the hardest thing is to avoid stuck notes, ghost notes, especially when I am improvising.

Ah OK. I’m looking for a metronomic, mechanical sound at the moment. Just for this piece of work but it’s occurred to me that I could probably apply some sort of gate to it. Thanks for your advice though :slight_smile:

sorry verkeerde onderwerp

Hi,

I want to love your product but it will not track notes accurately past 1/8 notes at 135 bpm.

I have tried all sample settings, bridge pup etc.

Also ghost notes galore. I would like to see a video of someone actually playing fast 1/8 note block chords with their fingers a la Texas Tornado organ parts and have no glitches in 3 min of performing.

Anyway to make it less sensitive? If you even breathe on a string it sets it off.

Instrument: UAD Luna Shape on an M1 imac

Thanks!
Gary

Hi Gary.

You are right in that there definitely is some sort of adaptation needed to use this software. It is a pitch to MIDI process involved and that entails some latency (at this stage), and one of the big hurdles for those that are new to the software is to learn how to anticipate to adjust for that latency. It is also very much a question of adapting to the constraints set up by what instruments you are trying to play. The piano, for instance, is notoriously difficult, not because it is a harder instrument to play, but because it translates worse to the MIDI Guitar setup. It is extremely hard to play consistently with the kind of dynamic control a pianist has, and furthermore, we are not used to controlling notes in that pianistic manner. I’ve done my fare share of tracking challenges with this software, not involving my guitar, and I can only come to the conclusion that at least in my case, it is a matter of getting out what I put in. But we need to be aware of the pitfalls too, high input gain, makes it very sensitive. I would advise you to roll back on the input gain to 0 or just above to begin with, and start with Gain, Tone, Curve on twelve o’clock for a place of reference. But you are right about chords. It is a special challenge, and I am too looking forward to seeing fast chordal works for an extended period of time without glitches. But at the same time, I haven’t seen any advertisement for this product making such a claim?

vorrei conprare midi guitar 2 ma lo vorrei testare in ableton…il sofware di prova non funziona come vst

chi mi puo aiutare??

windows 10 …la demo non funziona in ableton live

non appare nei miei vst

Hello - I Just downloaded the demo of MIDI Guitar 2 and have encountered these issues:

1. Frequent crashes using MIDI Guitar with Digital Performer 11 on MacPro late 2013 10.13.5 / UAD Apollo Duo using MIDI Guitar to trigger Arturia V Collection. Using standard guitar input (also used it with a microphone)
    I followed your instructions for setting up an Audio input, MIDI track etc. trying to record both direct audio and MIDI track.
    Total crashes frequent on DP 11 especially during recording.
    However It did work better with the Arturia on an instrument track instead of the audio track.

2. No input signal to MIDI Guitar when set up on 13" MacBook Pro Intel 2020 / Focusrite Scarlet 2i4.
    The Interface is recognized by MIDI Guitar, and the output of your piano sound is working through interface but no input signal from instrument or Mic input to Scarlet

I give up. I have tried for a year since I bought MG2 and only have standalone. I need to punch it into Ableton, but all I can find is a .exe ( executable).

No downloader per se. So, I stick the exe into my Ableton folder and zip. I have spent I dont know how many dozens upon dozens of hours and days searching for an answer. Somehow everybody seems to know. There is definately something I’m missing that is all too obvious for most. I am quite computer savy with windows 7, for 30 years, but cannot for the life of me, just play it in a daw.

The daw thing has been a real ride for me also. Cant accomplish a thing. Finally figured how to record but the vst thing has me stumped. Maybe I’m too old for this generation of tech. Anyway, I am very fond of MG2, if only I could download it into a daw as a vst or something.

Do I just open the exe in a folder? If I get a response I want to thank you very, very much. I just cant do this searching thing any longer. Miss the days when a guy could just ask somebody.
Again. thank you.

I guess you have checked the DAW guides? MIDI Guitar & MIDI Bass Support – Jam Origin

Yes indeed. Thankyou for being there.
I am fairly well versed in windows7 for 30 yrs and cannot for the life of me get this .

playing guitar 65 years and obsessed with using MG2 in my song wtiting which suddenly came upon me recently.
using standalone qite successfully by just hitting the MG2 exe and going quite dry with curve and gain turned down.
However I desperately need it as vst in a DAW for recording and percussion etc.
Seems lot of mention about loader but escapes me forever now.
The executable only wants to run the program. Not sure if I have tried running it in Ableton folder. I have placed it there and nothing.
Perhaps Ableton lite is wrong choice.
Very very much appreciate your inpu. Just hate to give up :slight_smile:

Hi Paul! I am a Mac guy exclusively, and I feel I may do more harm than good with any advice not knowing the way your system is working. The best thing to do, I think, is to ask your question in a new thread, so all the people in here can see it, and try and be as specific as you can with regard to specs. Computer, Abelton light, what version MIDI Guitar (Trial/Full), and stuff like that. People in here can be very helpful and there is a lot of knowledgeable users too, so I absolutely believe you shouldn’t have to give anything up just yet! :+1:

I purchased MG2 and Bass 5/24/2015. You have know record of me, so I resigned up. I would like to be able to check for updates and get MG3 when available. When I go to the re-licensing link it won’t let me send email. How do I resolve this matter?? Thanks

Hi Al! Have you tried mailing support@jamorigin.com? That is probably the best way to let @JamO know of your predicament. And with regard to any info on the MG3 progress, I would advise you to check out the roadmap page The Road To MIDI Guitar 3 – Jam Origin and sign up to the mailing list on https://jamorigin.com/

Thanks for the help. I emailed JamO, signed up for mailing list, and I’ll follow MG3 progress. I’ll give JamO some time to respond. If I need help I’ll reach out again. Thanks again for your help Al

1 Like

Ok I have the USB guitar cable I have Cakewalk DAW and I have MIDI Guitar 2 but nothing is working no sound, nothing the USB cable is brand new I’m seeing a signal on my P/C mic setting but there is no sound coming outta the speakers.Whats going on, please help.

Hi! Have you had a chance to check out the DAW guides here to begin with? MIDI Guitar & MIDI Bass Support – Jam Origin

It is usually a place to start, but if you have some further questions, please be as specific as you can on your setup. PC or Mac. You say USB from guitar, but is it straight into the computer? Audio interface, etc. The more details you provide, the easier it is for us to help you.