Welcome to the MIDI Guitar / MIDI Bass community forum

Please join us here to report if you encounter problems or let us know what you would like to see in the next update.

1 Like

Hi,
Midi guitar is great !
ā€œlet us know what you would like to see in the next updateā€ ā€¦
Well , i really would like to be able to play together notes minor second apart !
You know so many nice voicings have a minor second inside .
I have already been talking about this to the staff at jam origin .
I guess itā€™s a big technical problem otherwise it should have been fixed .
But honestly i think itā€™s worth the effort .
Best,
Olivier

Hi Oliver,
Yes, its a long standing issue. The last major tracking update is over 3 years ago, and as it works great for most, we never really felt like ā€œrocking the boatā€ and address this as its based on very complex deep learning and even subtile changes may have negative effect elsewhere (for example in terms of latency). There is a bit of butterfly effect.
Further, users adapted to the tracking as it is and we also have to be careful to not ruin peoples DAW projects or play-feel.
And this is of course very time consuming, taking time from other things.
So, tracking improvements will come in big chunks, in rare major updates. Weā€™ve been covering a lot of ground over the last 3 years, and I think it will be part of a major update (v3) at some point, hopefullyā€¦

I very much enjoy Midy Guitar & Mid Bass. Great products, well done. Unfortunately I donā€™t get to use them as much as I would like but that isnā€™t down to the software! I really look forward to seeing your products develop even further as time goes on and I am so glad I jumped aboard (a while ago now). Jost hoping I can get the opportunity to use them more in the future.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, Iā€™m happy to participate in the forum, Iā€™m Italian and the use of midi guitar 2 is fantastic.
I am an old beginner.
I like it with moog model 15 generates a lot of power.
Friendly salts.

2 Likes

hi!
THnx for the great app! I use this app freq on stage , like in shows with Dulce Pontes for example!
Lately I use it also with my ipad!

One of my wishes is:
I would love to see volume of audio mapped to cc2 midi!

Keep up this good work!
Regards,
Hubert-Jan

2 Likes

Dear Sir,

I am new to Midi, just installed and configured the demo version 2.2.1. I am able to play and hear from the Midi Guitar 2. How do I load third party VST and be able select from the PATCH panel?

Thanks,

J W Peng

Hello all. Iā€™ve been using MIDI Guitar/Bass since itā€™s beta days. I have the newest version(s) installed. When I use the standalone version, everything works perfectly. The plugin versions of both the 32bit and 64bit always used to work in FL Studio, but for some reason now they just seem to be either crashing themselves, freezing or just not triggering the chosen synthase at all, or locking FL Studio (32 or 64bit) completely.

I realize this might be a bit vague, but Iā€™m just putting it out there to see if anyone else has experienced this or as any ideas. Thanks.

Cheers.

Hello jdt, welcome here!

Please avoid classifying and using 32bit, 64bit and vst3 plugins together as much as possible.
This will avoid many conflicts ranging from a slight system slowdown to instability or crash.

Read this Steinberg document for more information, this concerns all applications using plugins:
Instructions on how to organise 32- and 64-bit plug-ins separately

The guarantee of a stable and reliable computer system firstly requires rigorous management and good OS optimization.
Then, when it is done according to the rules, you can forget all about it and play with peace of mind :grinning:

Thanks Herold. Yes I understand that. My plugins are all in desperate directories, not mixed together. My system is in good shape, no problem there at all. DO Studio 32bit with MG running 32bit plugins will lock and/or freeze. Same with FL Studio 64 running 64bit plugins. Iā€™m stumped. LOL

Cheers.

Hi.

Iā€™ve just bought MG2 for Mac OS and was wondering how many devices can I load it on to. I have two MacBooks and only seen able to have the full version on one, the other just runs the trial version.
Great program by the wayšŸ˜

Hi there. Iā€™m a new convert to MG2 and think itā€™s excellent so thank you for that. Iā€™m about to sell my Roland pickup and GI-10 to pay for the software - plus have some changeā€¦ Anyway, what would be cool for me would be an additional MIDI effect that quantises notes time-wise, (8ths, 16thā€™s etc) so that I can play in perfect time to a sequencer. I wouldnā€™t want to do this all the time but having it as an option would be coolā€¦ Thanks gain for a superb piece of softwareā€¦ :slight_smile:

Hi, I am a saxophonist and professor of music. Iā€™m currently working on a recording project, using ProTools, and Iā€™d like to use MIDI Guitar with some of my sax tracks. Iā€™ve experimented a little with the free version, and I think it will work, but Iā€™d try it on my actual tracks before investing in the full version. Has anyone used the program in this way before?

Hi Brent, and welcome! :wave:I think you might want to be a tad more precise as to what ā€œuse MIDI Guitar on some of my sax tracksā€ means here. This forum is a great resource, and there is a lot of accumulated knowledge among the users, so I donā€™t doubt for a second that you will get some great answers, but it is sometimes hard to find questions like these when they appear under the ā€œwelcomeā€ topic. But please, tell us a little bit more about what you are trying to achieve and Iā€™ll be happy to guide you as best I can. :grinning:

Hey, thanks for the response. Essentially, I want to use this program to double my sax tracks with a MIDI patch to modify and expand my sound. I know that I could do this within ProTools without using this plug in, but Iā€™m looking to use this program to increase the speed of my workflow while mixing/cutting tracks, and also have the ability to recreate the effect for live performance. I hope that clears it up.

Double yor sax tracks? With virtual saxes or do you have your own sampled?

No, Iā€™m wanting to double my own sax tracks of me playing with a different sound, such as synth lead, string, etc.

Hello Gareth, welcome in this forum .
I think you approach the problem the wrong way round: Midi Guitar only converts an audio signal into midi data, and the clock that allows to quantize midi notes is provided by the sequencer.
It is therefore in the sequencer that you have to set up a quantizationā€¦ Unless the devs tell us that Midi Guitar can deal with midi clock. :wink:

I see! Yes, that shouldnā€™t necessarily have to be a problem at all. If you are picking up your played sound close to the source, to get rid of any unnecessary reflections you should be able to do some real-time conversion parallel to your original sounds! Have you tried to play your sax through MIDI Guitar2 with any success yet?

Ok, awesome! I have experimented just a little with the demo. I figured for live use, Iā€™d probably need to use a gate of some kind, but I use a condenser mic that clips on my bell, so being close shouldnā€™t be problem.

1 Like