Jam Origin

>> MIDI Guitar & MIDI Bass user forum

Welcome to the MIDI Guitar / MIDI Bass community forum

Please join us here to report if you encounter problems or let us know what you would like to see in the next update.

Hi,
Midi guitar is great !
“let us know what you would like to see in the next update” …
Well , i really would like to be able to play together notes minor second apart !
You know so many nice voicings have a minor second inside .
I have already been talking about this to the staff at jam origin .
I guess it’s a big technical problem otherwise it should have been fixed .
But honestly i think it’s worth the effort .
Best,
Olivier

Hi Oliver,
Yes, its a long standing issue. The last major tracking update is over 3 years ago, and as it works great for most, we never really felt like “rocking the boat” and address this as its based on very complex deep learning and even subtile changes may have negative effect elsewhere (for example in terms of latency). There is a bit of butterfly effect.
Further, users adapted to the tracking as it is and we also have to be careful to not ruin peoples DAW projects or play-feel.
And this is of course very time consuming, taking time from other things.
So, tracking improvements will come in big chunks, in rare major updates. We’ve been covering a lot of ground over the last 3 years, and I think it will be part of a major update (v3) at some point, hopefully…

I very much enjoy Midy Guitar & Mid Bass. Great products, well done. Unfortunately I don’t get to use them as much as I would like but that isn’t down to the software! I really look forward to seeing your products develop even further as time goes on and I am so glad I jumped aboard (a while ago now). Jost hoping I can get the opportunity to use them more in the future.

Hello everyone, I’m happy to participate in the forum, I’m Italian and the use of midi guitar 2 is fantastic.
I am an old beginner.
I like it with moog model 15 generates a lot of power.
Friendly salts.