Working Divisimate with Midi Guitar 2 in Cubase

I was wondering if any Cubase users have had success connecting Midi Guitar 2 in Divisimate?
The input devices settings in Divisimate is not showing Midi Guitar 2. Perhaps I am not following the correct procedure.

I am using Cubase 12 pro in Windows 11. Version 2.2.1 of Midi Guitar 2 and 1.3.9 of Divisimate.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Hi @LaColmena
I use Divisimate on a Mac and not Cubase, so I may very well be the totally wrong guy for you, but let’s see if we can sort out some of the basics?
I would assume you are using some of the Divisimate templates for setting up in Cubase?
How are you setting up Divisimate and MG2? Both as (external to Cubase) standalone, or are you trying to open MG2 as a plugin in Cubase in addition to the template setup?
You need to have your MG2 instance running for it to be recognized as a MIDI input in Divisimate, so the order to open these are FIRST MG2 (either as a plugin or in standalone), and then DIVISIMATE. But as I said, the Windows setup may differ from the MacOS in terms of how MIDI out is created. Mac has this virual MIDI, that alway have worked for me. But start with the order: Open MG2, and then Divisimate, what does the Settings/Input Devices say?

Hi @LoFiLeiF

Thanks for the reply!

I would assume you are using some of the Divisimate templates for setting up in Cubase?

-I have not used the templates just yet. I followed the getting started guide on the website for Cubase / Nuendo (https://divisimate.com/cubase-quickstart/).

How are you setting up Divisimate and MG2? Both as (external to Cubase) standalone, or are you trying to open MG2 as a plugin in Cubase in addition to the template setup?

My goal is to use MG2 as a plugin in Cubase with Divisimate running.

I tried your order for opening up each application and it is still not appearing in Divisimate input devices nor in MG2 output.

The Virtual Midi Output is also not visible.

Yeah, it is a MacOS thing. I found this while searching around here:

That might be an option?

That could be a potential option. I’ll have a look into it.

By the way, I enjoy your content on Youtube!

1 Like