Can't get midi guitar 2 to work

It worked for a minute or two, Then it quit, I’m using a Signature 12, Soundcraft board. It has usb out .

Hello Kerry, welcome here :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you on Mac or Windows ? Which OS ? Do you talk about the standalone or plugin version ?

Do you mean that the application or plugin closes itself? Or that there is no more sound coming out of Midi Guitar?

i got the demo to work. the tracking was good. i just bought the license but the tracking is pitiful, I can’t even touch my guitar without it playing ghost notes, no control at all. Can I get a refund if it doesn’t work.

i got the demo to work. the tracking was good. i just bought the license but the tracking is pitiful, I can’t even touch my guitar without it playing ghost notes, no control at all. Can I get a refund if it doesn’t work.

Midi Guitar works very well and good tracking is just a matter of adapting the playing technique, I and others are happy with it.

If the tracking was OK with the demo but not now, then something has changed in your settings.

Personally, at the beginning I thought the tracking was not good at all, but first I made a good adjustment of the guitar: selection of the high pickup preferably, volume and tone at the maximum, input gain at high level with no distortion, use of a fretwrap to eliminate unwanted resonances.

I then worked on my playing technique to avoid phantom notes and improved it a lot by forgetting the usual way of “playing the guitar” (i.e. it would be stupid to make bends while playing the piano or the organ).

Another very important point is the setting of the Midi Velocity section in MG: you have to experiment to adjust the tracking and moreover these settings will be different depending on the midi instrument used. Fortunately each setting will be integrated in the patch save. (see the built-in help)

Finally, the use of scripts in the Midi Machines section will improve the tracking even more.

Have you searched the forum for help with tracking? There are a lot of topics on this subject, I’ll just give you a few exemples to get you started:

All about MIDI Guitar 2 settings, tracking and latency

Midi Machines script

You can of course get a refund (within 14 days)

But something doesn’t add up - the trial and unlocked version is identical- maybe you have some sort of amp or processing before MG? It needs a clean dry signal.