Been a long time fan of the Midi Guitar software, and am “Happy to help”.
So… downloaded Mac version onto my MacBook Pro (16" 20210, using Montery 12.5.1, with Apple M1 Pro chip.
First impressions (upon opening & before REGISTERING…nothing attached), interface does not fit on screen (too large), “ooooh glitchy”, CPU usage is jumping around between 60 & 70 FPS, the knobs, keys & button are randomly “jumping around” and have a pink “highlight” jumping all over the place (in sync with the logo lightening…i think). I can see where you are going with the logo design, it’s pretty cool, but to me (an older guy), simpler is better. Oh, okay, I chose 2 row, now it does fit on my screen, Okay, the mini midi fits beter, just found that, is that pink flashing supposed to be there? “Selection arrows/buttons don’t work, gain & gate rings jumping around (turning these did not help), other knobs seem to work fine “sending midi to” block” flashing pink intermittently. I will now REGISTER, and see if this makes a difference.
Overall, excited to plug in and see how it goes, hope this info is helpful.
Thanks for feedback. Please make sure you get the latest version. The UI will scale with the window. I dont think anything can jump around - the halos on the knobs are there to give you direct visual feedback on what’s happening. Please start with the INTRODUCTION patch, and observe that there are 4 dimensions to each note, visualised in various ways.
Thanks will do, but, gave you the wrong feedback, none of the controls are “jumping around” (sorry, it’s that pink (highlight?), and some of the keys act as if they are being hit and contol “rings” that are “moving”, sorry if I alarmed you, didn’t mean to.
I was able to “resize” it, it didn’t seem possible initially.
I will do as you stated and see how it goes. I love this product and enjoy “turning other guitarists on to it”, was actually introducing another guitarist to Midi Guitar 2 last Saturday. (Very Solid)
Thanks Those rings are are MIDI MPE visualisation and shows the PRESSURE, BRIGHTNESS and BEND of each note. When configured with a modern synth it can give you quite convincing and natural sound that actually feels (quite like) like guitar.
The FPS is not about CPU but about the refresh rate of the UI.
Thanks for the invitation to participate in the beta. As I’m on Windows I’ll have to wait a while, but I’m looking forward to plugging in! V2 has been a great tool so far - quite liberating.
Just picked up a iPad Pro from 2017 (256) sd. New to the Apple stuff, and trying to figure out how to install MG3 beta. Any help would be appreciated. regarding how 2’s, video’s, etc. Note; had Midi Guitar on a Win PC since ver 1. SO amazing.
After racking my brain for a couple of days now, that explains it. That whole Apple thing between the Mac and iPad, always messed with me. Thanks for the heads up.
Hello, I continue to have an issue, that exists with both Midi Guitar 2 & 3. It is possible that I have something set up wrong, but at this point it might be an issue with Midi Guitar 3, but I am not sure.
What I have been trying to do, is record a (guitar) loop in my TCHelicon Voicelive 3, playing through Ableton Live Standard. I record my loop in channel one (while playing through Divisimate 2), then I play the loop back through channel 2 (in my DAW), and set Midi Guitar 3, to receive from channel 2 so my “recorded loop” will trigger my Divismate 2 Orchestration software. So far no matter what I try, I cannot “separate” the signals, Midi Guitar continues to receive both signals, so when I when I try to play along with my loop, Divisimate is triggered by both the loop and my live playing. I have tried changing the midi channels, so far. to no avail. Thanks Michael (long term user of Midi Guitar (Hobbiest/ Semi Pro).
the recorded loop is playing via the voicelive, is that correct?
if so, is it possible to restrict that to left or right only?
in other words, live guitar left, looped guitar right
then one way to route things would be to have two instances of mg3, one for the loop and the other for live play, both routed to a single copy of divismate.
screenshots of your ableton track setup would be helpful. when you say ‘channel 1’ are you referring to the voicelive’s channels? or midi channels?
are you using divisimate for both the loops and the live play?
have you considered using ableton’s looper? it would probably simplify things.
Could you please draw out a signal flow map and explain your audio config? It’s not immediately clear to me how you would be routing this considering that you are integrating HW/SW. I’m sure there’s an answer. Thanks.
Hey, Thanks for responding. I was in the process of creating a flow map, doing so, caused me to find the culprit (I was using a splitter to split the guitar signal), by removing that, and utilizing the “thru” on my Voicelive Box, that solved the problem. So Thanks, for causing me to take a harder look, that did the trick.