How do I connect a sustain pedal to work with MG2?

Do I need a footswitch to midi adapter that plugs in with an usb to my pc?

Depending on what kind of footswitch you have, you can also use any keyboard with a sustain pedal jack/input hooked up to your computer too. Other than that there are a few suggestions here already: How to connect a sustain pedal for midi guitar use?

1 Like

Something like this would be the cheapest option if I don’t have a keyboard?

Yeah, that seems easy enough too. Download their software and see too that you can set it to send CC64 (Sustain On/Off). I use USB MIDI Pedal Controller and there you can switch polarities in the software, so that would save you 20 Euros too (maybe, if it needs switching?), but then you only have one input on the other hand.

1 Like

This is a good option, to which you need to add a footswitch and an expression pedal.

Another one I use is this all-in-one which costs only 20€ more than the E&F2M and has 4 footswitches + a dual-mode expression pedal with 2 separate functions and a programmable toe switch.

Everything is configurable for sending any program change,CC messages, MMC or bank change and with latch/unlatch function.

This gives more possibilities of use at the same time in MG2, i.e.:

• footswitches for navigation through patches + bends assign + mono/polyphonic
  • expression pedal for sustain + gain or mix function
  • toe switch for aftertouch

Line6 FBV Express MKII

2 Likes

Thanks!β€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Žβ€Ž β€Žβ€Ž

1 Like