MIDI GUITAR 3.0.53 is out!

Update 3.0.53 is out for both Mac and Windows.

The Windows update completely untested. Thank you to everyone testing it for us!

• FIX: Issue that caused several AU/VST plugins to fail loading.

• NEW: MIDI GUITAR Networking: More information over here.

• NEW: MIDI GUITAR HEX tracking fine-tuning, and tracking improvements noticeable on quiet/weak pickups (many older 13pin guitars). Hex discussion is here.

• NEW: The VST/AU can now take 6 or 8 input channels for MG3HEX to be used in hosts (probably only a few DAWs support this).

• UI: Two row layout slightly changed so that the modules of the master chain appear at the bottom, like for the other chains. The reason for this change is motivated by iOS/fullscreen (4:3 aspect) use, where now the bottom half can be covered with external plugin windows while still having an overview of the chains without scrolling.

Edit: unfortunately something is wrong with the graphics rendering for this 2-row UI. We’ll address this tomorrow.

• UI: various minor adjustments.

Download at BETA Testing – Jam Origin

1 Like

Just a couple of things. It is working great, but the module organization acts differently for me. Whereas one of my projects fit on the screen in the previous version, in .53 modules don’t get organized in the same way and are not visible–they are off the screen in two row format.

And for the networking feature, the button labeling is confusing. When you go into the plugin settings, the button says “ENABLE NETWORKING.” This implies that in order to enable networking, you have to push the button, but it is already enabled when labeled “ENABLE NETWORKING.” This could be fixed by relabeling “NETWORKING ENABLED” or change it to “DISABLE NETWORKING.”

When the button say “DISABLE NETWORKING,” it is already disabled.

I forgot to mention the two row layout change. I just described it in the post above. Ideally we should be able to move things freely around of course, but until then maybe it was better before indeed.

Oh no. I messed it should have been “NETWORKING ENABLED / DISABLED”, so its the other way around.

Just installed it and I see no Networking Button and the displacement of blocks is the same as ever was.
The top window reports .53 but it looks like it’s not or didn’t activated all the stuff that should be there.
Any clue? (Mac Sonoma Mac Studio M1 basic - 2022)

When your plugins screen looks like this,

… it’s enabled.

1 Like

I have a couple of issues with 3.0.53 using the VST in Reaper. First, I get the pop-up re: getting a license (I’m already licensed). I input my email address and a license key was emailed to me - but, I can’t see any way of inputting that key into the application. I just continue to get the option to purchase a license, which takes me to the website, or the email entry option. Where am I supposed to input the key. Also, I can’t seem to get the midi output to trigger a synth, where I have the midi out from one channel being sent to the other channel where the synth lives. I plugged in MG2 instead and it worked fine to trigger. So, not sure what’s happening there. But, it’s difficult to try to troubleshoot when I keep getting reverted to the “purchase a license” screen.

It sounds like you didnt activate it? I’ll just get back to you on a private message with your key.

Lets get that to work first!

Also, I can’t seem to get the midi output to trigger a synth, where I have the midi out from one channel being sent to the other channel where the synth lives.

It’s a little early here, but I think I know what you are saying.

I suppose you are trying to load it in a DAW:

1. load MG3 on an audio track.
  2. Select the MIDI GUITAR MINI patch in MG3. Observe that the UI respond to your playing.
  3. On an instrument track in the DAW you should make it receive MIDI from the guitar track.

That doesn’t work. As I noted in my original posting and in the email that I sent with a screenshot, when I click on “activate” all that I get is the spot to plug in my email address (which I already did). There is no option to input the license key and activate. So, I’m stuck at this point and can’t really get to the point of assessing the functionality of MG3. In particular, I’d like to be able to figure out why I can’t get midi send from one channel to another working within Reaper (it works with MG2).

Thank you.

When you enter your email you have to click “submit email” and then you can enter the license code (which is sent by email).

I already did that. I entered my email address and the license key was emailed to me. The point is that there is no place to enter the key that I received. All I get is the “submit email” blank - so I’m just going around in circles at this point.

Same thing happened with me. It finally activated after about ten times of requesting a key. Entered email then the email slot gets automatically populated with a key, etc., etc. There is no way to manually enter the license key.

Thanks lpspecial! Did what you did and it eventually worked. Appreciate the suggestion.