New plugin: "MIDI Guitar Minimal" for Mac / BigSur

Thank you for development of this amazing plugin!

Hi. I am a bit confused. I have an Intel-based 2016 MBPro, with the latest Big SUR OS on it. I am opening MIDI Guitar 2 (v. 2.2.1) after a long hiatus (I know, no excuse), only to find out MG2 opens up but no window/interface, like it used to before. It was working well some time ago. Is MG2 2.2.1 not functional with Big Sur on Intel-based Macs? In that case, I have the Mini plug-in as a second choice until MG3?

I have MG.2.2.1 running on both my desktop iMac with Big Sur, and on my MBP with Big Sur, with no problems. So at least it is not a Big Sur/MG2 problem on all machines! Did you open it as standalone or as a plugin?

Thanks for the reply, LoFiLeiF. It’s all good now. My bad, the standalone version opens well. When opening it the first time, no window was visible, not even when using the app switcher. I could hear the feedback from the app. I then switched to Exposé, found the window for MG2 & clicked on it. I use an external monitor but until recently had 2 external monitors. Perhaps the switch impacted the MG2 window’s location.

1 Like

I installed this, and sent email to get license, it was emailed to me, I copied it, but there is nowhere to paste the license into. Please advise.

Hi @vast3dstudios
Welcome here; to begin with! :handshake:
Unfortunately, it worked as advertised for a while, but then it seems as if a later Apple update prevented the MINIMAL app form listening to the clipboard, and rendered the CMD+V (copy/paste license procedure useless here. The idea was to fix this, but most likely other work has come between, as it is very much a question of prioritizing. It is mainly a one man operation we are talking about here.:grinning::+1:

Got it. I will say the MPE tracking for a fretless guitar worked great. Looking forward to V3!

2 Likes

Yes, if you used the installer for the app the AUv3 should have been installed. AUv3 does not follow the same installation path as AUv2 so it might not be that easy to locate.

Absolutely. Of course we are. :wink: