New To MIDI Guitar 2 & SWAM, I Have Six Questions

Hi there @GuitarSynthUser! Glad to have had the opportunity to figure as inspiration to your decision to at least give this setup a try! :grinning: Before I address those questions of yours, Iā€™d just want to mention that I am using the TEControl BBC2 Breath/Bite controller and nothing else. It might not be relevant as to the basic breath function, but for those cases where I use any of those other three control options (bite, nod, and tilt), perhaps it is? Now with regard to your questions:

1. The GeoShred SWAM instruments are not as readily available to the iOS MG2 app as the ā€œproperā€ AUv3:s are. There are some ongoing discussions here at the forum as to how to use them within another environment:

But for me, I havenā€™t used the GeoShred SWAM instruments myself, so I wonā€™t be able to speak on anything relevant with regard to those I am afraid:

1. With 16 GB RAM and an I7, you should be more than fine. I guess it is not super old anyway? MIDI Guitar 2 in itself has rather modest demands on your CPU capabilities. I also use Focusrite Scarletts in different sizes (Solo and 2i4) so you should probably not be having any problem with that either.

2. We canā€™t say anything right now about when MG3 is going to be ready for release, other than that it is very much under development right now. Look for any news on the Roadmap site:

https://www.jamorigin.com/roadmap/

and donā€™t forget to subscribe to the mailing list :writing_hand:
The MG3 upgrade will be free for any MG2 license owner. It is not clear to this date how the relationship between iOS licenses and MacOS licenses is going to be. Updates on that will come on the roadmaps site in time.

1. I donā€™t think there is going to be any sort of sales (ever?) since a) it is very reasonable pricing to begin with, and b) we are talking about lifetime licences.

2. Youā€™ll have to keep up to date with any of their sales on their site Iā€™m afraid.

3. No I wouldnā€™t say it is slower, but it is hard to compare as the setup differs. Different instruments and controllers usually. I like the idea of using an iPad only for performances, but I would probably go with my laptop anyway since I feel more at home with troubleshooting it (if something were to happen)
    And yes, MG3 is planned for iOS as well!

Welcome to the community! :handshake:

1 Like