Putting the software MidiGuitar 2 into a portable hardware: possible?

Hello!

Many of you must have seen this hardware device, audio to midi converter, called “sonuus”, that works with monophonic audio.

I wonder if Midi Guitar 2, which is true polyphonic software, could be embedded into a little portable hardware device such as Soonus. This would help avoid carrying a laptop around for playing.

Ariel//

1 Like

Hi Ariel! That question has come up before, and as far as I know JamOrigin has no such plans for the near future now either.

I just wanted to second that I would buy such a piece of hardware in an instant, especially for how well Jam Origin handles polyphonic. Being able to write and import a midi machine into this hardware would be a game changer.

How would that work though? You’d still need a laptop for your virtual instruments

maybe you can carry your own sound module and then you do not need a laptop. You may argue that a hardware midi converter plus a hardware sound module in the end might weight as much as a laptop and you would be right. It is just that I do not trust windows operating system for a life performance.

It is just that I do not trust windows operating system for a life performance.

i bring two pc’s and two interfaces to every gig for this reason. fortunately i’ve never had to switch to the backup.

if you keep your systems off the internet and dedicate them to audio production they are much more reliable.

if i didn’t need ableton i would definitely want mg2 in a box.

I have been using a Windows laptop for many years on stage, I have already done about 50 live performances without ever encountering a single problem with stability or sound quality.

I use Midi Guitar in Gig Performer simultaneously with about twenty plugins, vst and vsti, audio & midi players, loopers integrated in this plugin host.

But to get stability, reliability and the best performance, there are two things absolutely necessary:

• the applications and plugins used must be perfectly coded and bug-free.
  • Windows must be completely optimised by removing all non-useful programs, background services, routines, widgets, etc.

You can use this guide to do this: The Ultimate Guide to Optimize your Windows PC for the Stage