Beginner Question: How do I lower the clean guitar output?

Ok, my question is: How do I lower the clean guitar output, when I’m only trying to enjoy the synths?
What I’m trying to do is, either through the DAW or through Guitar Midi 2 output, lower the volume of the clean guitar and if possible only hear the synths sounds (violin, piano, any sound). I’m not sure how I achieve that.

Turn off direct monitoring on your interface if you have it on

1 Like

Direct monitoring is usually the culprit, like @Mizmiz suggest. There are some other solutions worth taking notice of however, if you look at these posts:

1 Like

On my Audio interface there is a control to mix the two signals. Fully “left” gives me only the dry sound of the guitar, fully “right” gives only the processed signal, and in between gives a mix of the two. I am not sure this is what you are asking about,but it is a very useful control . On my MAudio interface this control is situated above the main output volume control.

1 Like

And of course do not forget this one… :smirk:

snap4148

1 Like

1st off thank you all for your responses! I really appreciate the help. I followed your directions and it still didn’t work. So, I decided to look at my Audio Interface which is an old: PreSonus FirePod. The issue was that I had to turn one of the mixer knobs to the “playback” side, instead of the input side. Once I did that all I can hear is the synth sounds without the guitar sound in the background.
Again, all your steps helped, I just needed to solve the final one (which I did) and now it works like a dream! :grin:

1 Like