Where is Midi Guitar 3?

WTF ?
Who are you dude ? Who do you think you are, giving me lessons about what to say or what to do ?

Need to quote Einstein and Bergson to give credit to what you say ? Pov’ mec, t’es vraiment à la ramasse, tes leçons tu te les carres ou tu sais !

Might be time to reread the forum FAQ Olivier…

https://jamosapien.com/faq

4 Likes

Just curious. Do you have Fishman Triple Play? If you do or if you have at least tried it, is triggering and tracking better and with less artefacts than MIDI Guitar 2? does it allow for pitchbend on individual strings? I’ve just watched a demo of Fishman Triple Play for IOS and one thing MG will never be able to do is assign fretboard regions or individual strings to different instruments.

It is not necessary to think in terms of strings or fretboard regions but in terms of note frequencies: in this way, one (I do) can split different ranges of notes and assign different midi channels to them thanks to the “Midi Machines” which are customizable midi scripts.
This works on the principle of, for example, the Boss OC-3 octaver: you select the range of notes on which the octaver will act.
The advantage of Midi Guitar is :

• the possibility to choose the range from a defined lowest to the defined highest note and assign it to a midi channel.
  • the possibility to define a minimal velocity gate
  • the possibility to define as many different regions as you want by expanding the basic script whose basic usage is as follows:

split

There are also a large number of other scripts allowing all sorts of interactions with midi events (harmonizer, different sustain modes, scale inversions,…).

All this allows for possibilities and combinations limited only by the imagination.

midi-machines

3 Likes

Well, that’s crazy. I have been a software developer myself for half of my life, now retired,
If they said this in July 21, and now in October 22 they have not even a beta, it must have been a blatant face-saver back then, nothing else.

Not true. A guitar is not a piano.
You can play the same note on different strings, so it is in fact necessary to think in terms of strings or fretboard regions.

You are right, you can practice the midi guitar with the guitar’s own technique and its its characteristics.
I prefer to restore the identity of the virtual instrument and its potential with an adapted playing technique and forgetting the rules of the physical instrument on which I play. But It’s just a matter of personal choice.

Exactly !
I work in IT world and a product release that the developer doesn’t know if and when will be released is not a roadmap.
If you JamO do not give a beta to try pls delete any mention to MG3 as roadmap and stop trying to sell MG2 now because of free update to something not real.
No excuse about inability to answer to bugs etc…the beta is not a GA product and users know that.

So it is your move to gain credibility.
Btw i like MG2 and bought it but it is of limited usage in my personal opinion.

1 Like

Ok. That may be the best. Sorry for any inconvenience.

2 Likes

Man, a few people don’t represent the majority, in fact only a very small percentage of people even share their opinions on the internet. Remember that the majority of people that like your product is silent and don’t frequent this forum. I’m not familiar with how other tech companies operate, but I don’t have a problem with what we have now, although a progress update every now and then would be nice.

3 Likes

JamO, do what you want. Work at your own pace. It’s your baby and it’s impressive. You should be proud and people should just apprecieate your work for what it is. You rock.

6 Likes

Appreciated your honesty

1 Like

Thank you, everyone for the understanding.

I only provided the roadmap because many were asking for it, and in particular whether we might want to charge a fee for a future updates. It was certainly never intended as any kind of fundraising.
We will get MIDI Guitar 3 out as soon as possible. I’m working day and night and naturally feel the pressure which isn’t ideal as a technology developer.

7 Likes

Whether Roli went bankrupt or not is inconsequential; the users have greatly expanded their possibilities. And there’s a new version of the keyboard available, so it’s not dead, apparently.
Secondly, more expression doesn’t necessarily mean more complexity; you may have preferences regarding what to use and what to neglect. My playing style means I’m not a fast player. I wouldn’t call myself a virtuoso, either. I just want what I hear from my guitar to be translated into a different instrument. That means multitimbral tracking of pitch rather than of notes.

Hey Jamo, continue to take your time and create a masterpiece. I’ve been using MG2 for a year now. As a young 18 yr old guitarist, it’s been really useful in my church playing. I always combine synth lead and pads with my regular guitar sound. I realize that the tracking is great, maybe not perfect but it’s really great. Maybe something to filter out those unwanted strings vibrations could improve the tracking by alot.

I notice that whenever I use the bridge pickup, the tracking is next to flawless. Ur software is really awesome!!! The only problem I’m mainly facing right now is not enough CPU power to run mg2 live. But other than that, it’s an extraordinary software. And please do take your time in creating a masterpiece. Make sure it’s a lot of fun creating this new update because this is your area of interest:)

3 Likes

Oh yes, I also forgot to mention another problem I have with tracking. And this is shredding notes lol. I hope the update fixes that and reduces CPU load:)

I Feel the frustration of waiting for mg3, since it was teased quite often here and I sounds really really promising, especially in the Videos of Lofileif.
I don’t know anything about development, but I understand, this is pretty much a niche product with a dedicated little development crew. Is there anything we as possible future users could do to help the process? For example donate for some costs that are blocking the development?

3 Likes

Well said! I think a trip to see the movie “Willie Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” where the little girl stomps her feet and say’s "I want the golden goose that lay’s the golden eggs, AND I WANT IT NOW. comes to mind. What Herold said is right on the money.

2 Likes

I actually just bought it BECAUSE there was a roadmap to version 3. Too many companies will sell their products up to the next release and then charge for the upgrade. I hedged on buying MG2 because of this… until I saw the roadmap. Then I took the plunge. Take your time, make it great. I have so much to learn anyway. Cheers.

5 Likes

Even if Roli went bankrupt, the keyboard itself is a marvel. Also, there’s a new version now, so whoever is behind isn’t important, it’s still out there. Secondly, MPE and polyphonic MIDI isn’t necessarily more complex, it’s just a different approach. To me, it’s more intuitive. It doesn’t require more virtuosity at all, it just approaches the pitch-to-MIDI more naturally than the current pitch-to-note-to-MIDI, with one pitch bend changing all notes. Of course, MIDI is designed that way, but MPE less so. In the meantime, I’ve put MG2 aside and change my sounds using VST fx. I’m not into playing sax or piano on my guitar, I want new sounds.