Where is Midi Guitar 3?

Yes, Roli is a little jewel, it is among the best keyboards that embeds the latest technologies and a perfect ergonomics to allow the best musical expressiveness.
If I knew how to play the keyboard and if I were rich enough, I would certainly have one :wink:

1 Like

I double thatā€¦! A new version takes up time and probably also some learning on new technolgyā€¦

I bought into this software on the strength of MG2.

I play a lot of slide guitar so the prospect of MG3 being able to offer this is of great interest to me.

However - I would consider it a BONUS.

Would like very much to have iOS version that supports direct 6 channel input from a Roland GP-10. I have many guitars and basses modded with hex pickups and would love to use them in a live setting with MIDI Guitar 3 that supported seperate audio to midi channels. Similar to this video, but on iOS for use in a live setting. MIDI Guitar 2, Hexaphonic pickups and BOSS GP-10, is this the best setup ever? - YouTube

Iā€™d like that too, but as far as I know the GP-10 isnā€™t USB Class compliant, and wonā€™t work with iPad as things are now.(Unless something has changed)
Otherwise I guess there would be no fundamental problem setting up on six channels in any iOS DAW environment in the same way. But how to get there? You can still use a breakout cable solution into six channels on a class compliant audio interface, but it is by no means as simple a setup! :thinking:

right, itā€™d be so simple if we could just USB 6 channels of audio right from the GP-10 to an iPad.

Yeah, but is is up to Boss/Roland to see to that their products are compatible with iOS devices. It is not something youā€™d fix in MG2/3.

I find MG2 quite brilliant. Before I discovered it I had installed a Fishman midi pickup on my guitar and the MG2 beats it by a mile. The only thing on my wish list for MG3 is to be able to have both pitch bend AND legato enabled at the same time. Donā€™t know how difficult that is to achieveā€¦
It takes some tweaking to get the settings right for a particular instrument but once you find the sweet spot It is just so much funā€¦

4 Likes

PLEASE donā€™t work night and day! Donā€™t waste your health! I am not impatient at all and I know how things do not develop as fast as one would like to!
I feel some of the posts here were insinuations telling more about the folks and their way of thinking and projecting all kind of evil things in you personally. My interpretation of the delay in MG3 is that it really should be a somewhat big step up from MG2, everything else would make no sense.
I feel sorry for the folks here with little money on the side - I had that situation as a student and it was a pita really! But thatā€™s nothing YOU can solve. Our system does not work like this.
So take some time off, you canā€™t force things and you donā€™t owe anybody anything. You did not promise anything.

8 Likes

MG2 has become crucial to my performances. I tried Fishman TriplyPlay but it was very difficult to get working right. MG2 beats it hands down. I appreciate the time and effort you have put into this software and am looking forward to MG3 when it is ready for beta.

6 Likes

Donā€™t worry. Take your time and do it in your own tempo. Iā€™ve been working in the software industry for quite a time. I can imagine what putting yourself under too much pressure, listening to people pestering you for version 3 and putting you down because they canā€™t have it now, will do to both your ability to solve problems and create. Not to mention the joy of doing it, which is the reason you started making this niche product in the first place. Actually I know exactly how that feels. The last thing you or any of us need is for you to end up as yet another of us depressed software industry burnouts. Wondering where the joy and fun went, and unable to motivate to continue making your amazing piece of programming art. Then version 3 would never see the light of day and the whole product will die. It will be ready when itā€™s ready. In the meantime I will have my hands full with trying to learn this amazing tool, that I just bought. Fulfilling an old dream of having MIDI capabilities on my guitars and bass, finally. Then I will look forward to the day you can proudly and happily show us your new marvel. Thank you for making what you have made so far. Music is a good recipe for easing depression. :slightly_smiling_face:

Edit: When I bought MG2 I wasnā€™t aware that you were thinking of giving us the upgrade to 3 for free. That is very generous. Maybe too generous, considering the investment in time and expenses to rewrite the system. Also considering this is a niche product. I, for one would be willing to pay an upgrade fee, to make sure you earned back your expenses and made you able to keep the economy of the company healthy. This would help ensure that we can enjoy support and continued development of our beloved musical tool.

5 Likes

Im asking for that for a long time. It works in the IOS version, why not in the pc one?