MIDI GUITAR 3 for Windows

Short report on the MG3 test. Overall a very good experience. Interesting new features. The delay during the game has become significantly less. However, when playing the piano, there is still a delay and for some reason it constantly periodically requests a license, although I entered the license number and specified an email to confirm it

How did you solve? I tried registering but I still get the pop up?

Not sure. It suddenly just worked after a couple of triesā€¦
Sorry! I wish I could help

1 Like

Figured it out, thanks!

1 Like

My Reaper does not see MG3. Doesnā€™t show up in DAW in VST plugins

This is normal, there is no MG3 plugin for Windows at the moment.
This may come with the first Beta version, as the current version isnā€™t even official :wink:.
The only solution at the moment is to send MG3 standalone to Reaper if your audio interface has a loopback function.

Thank you! Iā€™ll wait for the new version of MG3.

I just gave it a go routing to Ableton with Loopmidi. It is pretty fast. Polyphonic mode seems to be faster than MG2. If all you want to do is supplement your normal guitar pickups with synthesizer vsts, this is certainly the way to go. Good job.

Edit: I did encounter some problems when playing chords. Whereas playing single notes in polyphonic mode worked really well, introducing chords seemed to slow down the midi conversion speed. I had one occasion of playing a 13th chord and MG3 had a difficult time with detecting the root note. It vacillated up and down a half step.

4 Likes

Some good bass players out here need some love too lolā€¦ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VZNnBF6_P0c I am always up for the latest and greatest tech out there. Fingers crossed for a Midi Bass upgrade too @JamO

4 Likes

@IvanP
Nice playing & great sound combinations, Congrats!!

1 Like

Yes, but ā‚¬4500 to get that soundā€¦ I think you can do just as well with Midi Bass for 30 times less.

1 Like

Hey, Ivan? I remember playing with you in Nick Fowlerā€™s Gapp Project 20 odd years ago. How goes it? Welcome to the forum.

2 Likes

Download link doesnā€™t workā€¦

@zeuxis,

Scroll to the end of the ā€œBeta pageā€ to see the current link:

To avoid future users updating to old versions, the place to download is at BETA Testing ā€“ Jam Origin

when navigating through lists of effects or instruments, is it possible to enable page up/down?

my wrist prefers it when i avoid using the mouse wheel.

Thanks. Arrow keys works, but letā€™s add pg-up/down also.

Another point about browsing plugins: as we donā€™t know the names of plugin vendors or developers by heart, it would be more practical to list plugins by name.
Iā€™ve got nearly 1000 plugins and I often have a hard time finding them in the current list.

1 Like

With a 1000 plugins, wouldnā€™t a search bar be a more appealing option? I donā€™t know if it is easy enough to create, but say you search for anything from vendors/developers to plugin names to even formats?

The most convenient selection mode for me (who doesnā€™t know the developersā€™ names and their plugins) is the list of plugins sorted alphabetically with a vertical scrollbar:

Plus a window where typing a partial plugin name will filter to matching plugins

and where typing i.e. ā€œdistoā€ will filter all plugins related to distortion

This makes it easy to search for a delay, reverb or amp, etc.

2 Likes